Sunday, May 3, 2009

I'm on my 3rd pan aux raisins of the morning. No regrets!


Pan Aux Raisins, originally uploaded by Go Suzy Go.

I made these last night/this morning and they came out SO good. Usually I don't have my act together to start a breakfast pastry the night before (which usually means that I make a lot of scones and muffins that take about a half hour total). But I've been itching to try to make some brioche pastry.

All in all it was actually really easy, despite the time commitment -- the recipe came from The Fresh Loaf website. The ingredients get mixed just until combined, then it rises for an hour and a half on the counter, gets punched down and put in the fridge overnight. The next morning you roll up the swirls with raisins and cinnamon sugar, put them on the baking sheet and let them rise again for an hour. So it's a lot of rising time, but they only bake for 15-17 minutes at the end of it all so it's over quickly.

And thank god because I really, really, really wanted to eat them by the time the apartment started smelling like cinnamon sugar.

And now I'm on my third and I don't even care. I'm making another pot of coffee.

No comments: