Friday, August 31, 2007

continuing progress, in the face of banjo

Despite my cat's best attempts to prevent me from knitting by sitting on every piece of knitwear as soon as I turn my attention towards it, I am making progress on the pea pod baby set and the drop stitch lace tank.

Here it is on my mini ironing board.

In order to take that picture, I had to distract Banjo with a legwarmer. He fell for it, much to his chagrin.

The pea pod sweater is working up really quickly! Both sleeves and most of the body are done. The yarn is great to work with, and my plan is to go to Windsor Button for some cute buttons to finish it off. Upon seeing this sweater coming together, Alex's comment was "Babies are freaking small." It's true. They really are.

Then, the drop stitch lace.... it's going more slowly, partly because I want to get the pea pod done in time for the shower. Also because the cotton is not NEARLY as nice to work with as the merino. But it looks really pretty already and I love the color.


I think dark red is one of those perfect colors that manages to go with everything. I don't have enough of it in my wardrobe.

Not moments after that photo was shot, guess who came to sit on it. I pulled it out from under his furry butt just in time.

I turned my back for a second and he managed to squeeze his entire body onto the little piece of knitting. And yet, when I knit him something specifically for him to lay on, he will reject it. Why, Banjo?

He's all "Wots this? no cat furz on thees sweters yet. I will fix eet." Thanks, Banjo. Without you I would not have that flattering orange and white glow about me.

No comments: